Ettaline III - hand painted long crepe de chine
- Hand painted art silk scarf. Luxury 100% silk lightweight crepe de chine.
- This long scarf is hand painted using steam-fixed dyes and has hand-rolled hems.
- It is approximately 125 x 30 cm and is made from 5 mm silk crepe de chine.
- This lighter weight crepe de chine is similar to chiffon however it is more opaque.
- As with any hand painted work there's always signs of the artist's hand which adds to it distinctiveness and exclusivity.
- Unlike digitally printed, mass-produced scarves you will be purchasing a one-of-a-kind.
- Hand painting result in variations of shape and pattern, and colours bleed into each other creating a matchless piece.
- I have endeavoured to capture an accurate image of the colours of the scarf, yet the mercurial essence of colourful silk and its representation on a web page is variable.
- I have found that the photographs of the model wearing the scarves give the best idea of the real item.
- However, even these images fail to convey the soft, delicate, luxurious quality of these scarves.