Maxine Pink - Hand painted long silk scarf
- As with any hand painted work there's always signs of the artist's hand which adds to it distinctiveness and exclusivity.
- Unlike digitally printed, mass-produced scarves you will be purchasing a one-of-a-kind.
- Both processes of Shibori dyeing and of hand painting result in variations of shape and pattern, and colours bleed into each other creating a matchless piece.
- Hand painted art silk scarf. Luxury 100% silk lightweight crepe de chine.
- This long scarf is dyed and painted using steam-fixed dyes and has hand-rolled hems.
- It is approximately 125 x 30 cm and is made from 5 mm silk crepe de chine.
- This lighter weight of crepe de chine is similar to chiffon however it is more opaque.
- This scarf was first dyed with two colours using a Shibori fold and knot technique before a second layer of pattern was then painted onto the Shibori dyed background.